Geotechnical Engineer (Morgantown)
|Benefits:||Comprehensive Benefits including Insurance, 401k and ESOP|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||LARSON DESIGN GROUP, INC. (LDG) is offering the following Full Time opportunity in our Morgantown, WV office for a quality candidate to join our dynamic employee-owned team. Our commitment to quality and responsive service has resulted in tremendous growth! Bring your winning attitude and love for challenges to us. Your career opportunities will seem unlimited!|
|Duties:||Duties include, but not limited to, managing staff, preparation of proposals, marketing new clients, preparing geotechnical reports, coordinating subconsultants, evaluating lab results, classifying soil, establishing testing protocol and general geotechnical consulting. |
A combination of field and office work will be required.
Work will be performed for the oil and gas industry, as well as commercial and residential development.
Due to the nature of the work, willingness to travel to field sites locally and out of the area is required
|Qualifications:||• Professional Engineer in WV or the ability to be licensed in WV upon hire is required|
• BS or MS in civil engineering or related field with emphasis in geotechnical engineering
• Minimum six (6) years experience
• Experience in private and governmental projects
• Strong communication and project management skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Computer skills: MS Office, AutoCAD, and programs for bearing capacity analysis, slope stability
• Experience in laboratory and field testing of soils a plus
• Familiar with all types of subsurface explorations such as test borings, test pits, geo-physical, etc.
• Travel required
• Overtime, as required, to meet client expectations
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.